Re: Oracle Career question

From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: 1995/06/01

>Depending on the complexity of the project you work on you can master skills early/late.
>I do think knoledge of some kind of oracle tool programming as well as some extent of
>data modelling and analysis experience is essential to become a good DBA. You can
>become proficient in 2 years if you work at it.

What are the key tools? PL/SQL, SQL, Pro*C? Forms? Others?

Are Oracle's courses in data modelling and analysis good - or - is it preferable to do self-study from a good text?

Any course suggestions to fill out the knowledge that comes from experience? Received on Thu Jun 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message