Re: Failure to extend rollback segment

From: Ganesh Puranik <surya_at_usa.net>
Date: 1995/05/31

> billy_at_mars.NoSubdomain.NoDomain (Billy Chambless) writes:
>
> ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment (id = 3)
> ORA-01650: unable to extend rollback segment R02 by 150 in tablespace
> RBS
> IMP-00028: partial import of previous table rolled back: 2126 rows
> rolled back
> ORA-1652: Unable to extend temp segment by 520 in <tablespacename>
>
> Neither 1652 nor 1562 shows up in the error codes book.
>
> Help!

The command oerr will give you error and possible solutions (sometimes).

Have you been using commit=y option for import. That will cause frequent commits reducing the size of rollback segments needed.

If this doesn't work, try importing when your database is not busy. Make sure the tables where you are inserting or the tables that have foreign keys are not being locked by some other processes.

If that doesn't work,(I think it will) you have very small rollback segment. Drop/disable all your small rollback segments, create a huge rollback segment in huge tablespace, import table, drop the huge rollback segment enable original rollback segments and proceed.

Ganesh Puranik,
Consultant, Surya Systems, Inc. Received on Wed May 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message