Re: Question: 'execute_query' in Forms 4.5

From: <stowe_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1995/05/31

> bi495_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Salaam Yitbarek) writes:
> Problem is as follows: Before entering a block, I assign
> the primary key (of type VARCHAR2(30)) to some string (in the
> PRE-QUERY trigger). Then we 'execute_query', and the record
> corresponding to that key comes up. This works as long as
> the string assigned to the primary key does not contain
> characters such as '<', '>', etc. If the primary key contains
> such characters, Forms returns an error, saying something
> about improper comparison used in the query, or something
> like that. My guess is that it doesn't parse the query
> properly. Any suggestions?

Don't do it that way. Change the block property DEFAULT_WHERE to include whatever criteria you wish to use.

If you must do it that way (for unknown reasons) use the colon to identify a bind variable with the field, as in setting the field equal to
:X > 2000
which should work, but I haven't tried it, since setting the DEFAULT_WHERE clause is much, much easier.

Michael Stowe
Constellation Engineering, Inc.
http://www.mcs.com/~stowe Received on Wed May 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message