Re: Question: 'execute_query' in Forms 4.5

From: Stephen Newhouse <bps2_at_bps2.ebay.sun.com>
Date: 1995/05/31

In article M9r_at_freenet.carleton.ca, bi495_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Salaam Yitbarek) writes:

> Problem is as follows: Before entering a block, I assign
> the primary key (of type VARCHAR2(30)) to some string (in the
> PRE-QUERY trigger). Then we 'execute_query', and the record
> corresponding to that key comes up. This works as long as
> the string assigned to the primary key does not contain
> characters such as '<', '>', etc. If the primary key contains
> such characters, Forms returns an error, saying something
> about improper comparison used in the query, or something
> like that. My guess is that it doesn't parse the query
> properly. Any suggestions?
The '<' and '>' characters are considered relational operators and have special meaning when used in a query. The mean 'is less than' and 'is greater than' respectively. While I was able to execute a query using those operators, even with them embedded in the field, you can do a query like the following line: = '<xxxx'
which will search for the exact match of <xxxx Received on Wed May 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message