Help re: root & connect internal

From: Charles Lei <clei_at_phakt.usc.edu>
Date: 1995/05/30

I am new to Oracle so please bear with me...

  • Question 1

How can I get Oracle to allow root to "connect internal?" I have already added dba to root's group, but Oracle still does not like root.

I am able to start and stop Oracle using dbstart and dbshut under the Oracle user login, however, I encounter an Oracle permissions problem when the scripts are executed as a part of the standard system startup, i.e. /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc0.d.

  • Question 2

I installed Oracle 7.1.4 server under SCO ODT 3.0. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to install the on-line documentation. Running the startdoc.sh script installed the SCO specific documentation, not the general RDBMS stuff. The script prompts to to mount a different cdrom. However, once I do this, the script comes back with 0 errors, and 0 items installed.

Can someone shed some light? Thanks in advance for all replies. Please reply via e-mail as I do not have the opportunity to access news all the time.

Charles Lei

clei_at_scf.usc.edu Received on Tue May 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message