Re: PRO*C on MAC CONNECT Question

From: Dhawal Tyagi <tyagi_at_srishti.cns.vt.edu>
Date: 1995/05/26

In article <3q32d7$f5q_at_cherokee.advtech.uswest.com>, philg_at_advtech.uswest.com (Phil Griffin) wrote:

> I've got PRO*C 1.5.9 on my Mac and I can't connect to a remote Oracle
> database. I believe my config is o.k. (config.ora, tnsnames.ora, etc.)
> because I can successfully use SQL*Plus, and even successfully do a
> SQLCHECK=FULL during compilation. My app (run from MPW) doesn't appear
> to be using the Oracle home config files (ORACLE_HOME is exported). Any
> ideas? Thanks....

Same here, A simple connect application (one of the sample apps) fails with a couldn't connect error. My setup is also correct (I can use sqlplus etc) But I'm using ThinkC 7.0.3, Is there anything that I have to do in the Project manager settings, how does the apps know about $ORACLE_HOME setting ? Regards
Dhawal

--
Programmer/Analyst
Communications Networks Services