Size of ProC executables

From: Matt <matthew.m.s.dawson_at_msmail.bhp.com.au>
Date: 1995/05/21

Hi all,

I've a problem with the vast size increase incurred by using ProC statements in a program.

I began developing a program to read a flat file into an Oracle database. Due to certain checks and updates that the data requires before insertion it has been decided that SQL Loader is not an appropriate solution to our problem.

So I started developing the program in C. Once I was happy with the flat file I/O routines I added 'include sqlca', 'connect' and 'declare cursor' statements. The cursor is not even openned.

The results:

Non-ProC executable size:     6376 bytes
ProC executable size:      2044585 bytes.

In other words the executable grew to 320 times its former size without adding any functionality.

If anyone knows of a way to optimise the size of ProC executables I would be grateful if you would share it with me.

TIA,
Matt Dawson.

****** Error ****** | Caffeine not found. Programmer halted. Received on Sun May 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message