Re: F5-F10 keys in VT100 emulation with Forms

From: <surya_at_usa.net>
Date: 1995/05/15

> sanford_at_paul.spu.edu (Kenny Sanford) writes:
> When running Forms 3.0 in a VT100 telnet session, I don't seem to have access
> to the PC function keys F5 through F10.

> [ DELETED]

> I trying to stay away from using the keypad or 2-key combinations for
> doing normal Oracle functions.

I am think you will need to settle for one of the following:

Enforce a [finite] set of terminal emulators and ask users to configure logical F5 to F10 to send certain ASCII sequences. For each such key combination, create a device entry using oraterm to convert the ASCII sequence to F5 ... F10. Then let the users tell you which device they are using before you strart runform/sqlforms (You may decide this by refering to a lookup table if possible.)

Use certain double key strokes (e.g. CTRL-X for exit) to accomodate the extra keys needed.

Ganesh Puranik Received on Mon May 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message