Records missing - can redo logs be gleaned for perpetrator?

From: Walter Schenk <wschenk_at_also.hooked.net>
Date: 1995/05/05

Jeff Perry wrote:
>We're running a 7.0.13 database without any of the auditing options set.
Is there a utility to analyze the >archived redo logs to identify the user who deleted records from a given table?

There is a very good utility that analyzes the logs. It's SQL*TRAX. The company is CornerStone Software (I believe I got that right). However, no utility is going to help you out here, as information about users is NOT STORED IN THE LOG!! The only information that goes into the log is the changed data. Sorry, about the bad news but that's how it works.

Walter Schenk
SoluTech Consulting Received on Fri May 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message