Re: Careful installing Oracle Power Objects Beta!

From: Burton V. Peltier <ep94bvps_at_noh71cd.shell.com>
Date: 1995/05/04

In article <3nr7sb$61d_at_mn5.swip.net>, "Michael Åström" <michael.astrom_at_mailbox.swipnet.se> writes:
>> We have experienced when we installed Oracle Power Objects BETA
>> on an existing CDE2 installation that Power Objects DESTROYS the current
>> CDE2 installation by replaceing some DLL's in the windows/system library.
>> Of course we tried to install CDE2 tools again but it was not enough!
>> We had to remove the orawin library first and then install CDE2 tools
>> again.
>>
>> "Be Careful out there"
>>
>> /Michael =C5str=F6m - RKS Data AB

  I just installed Oracle Power Objects 'pre-release' on an existing CDE2 installation and I was prompted by the setup.exe whether I wanted to replace the existing DLL's (warning ... OLE might not work correctly). I responded to NOT replace, and so far everything seems to work ok. Of course, I haven't tried the OLE stuff yet. But, at least , it prompted me for this ...

* Burt Peltier Shell Offshore    ep94bvps_at_shell.com *
* (504) 588-0179 701 Poydras #1660 New Orleans 70139*