Re: Personal Oracle7-Can't Import Tables from Sun Sys to PC

From: E A Macnaghten <ar02_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1995/05/04

bhunger_at_richmond.infi.net (Bill Hungerford) wrote:

> I was trying to import some tables from a Sun Sparc 1000 Oracle
> db into my newly installed Personal Oracle7.
>
> I keep getting the error message, "could not find character set handle."
> (Error IMP 00038).
>
> Help!!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Hungerford

How are you transfering the dmp file from the sun to the PC?

If you qre using a method that puts carriage returns in after new lines you will corrupt the dump file and get silly error messages.

I do not know if I am on the right track here, but I believe it is worth investigating ...

Yours ever

Eddy Received on Thu May 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message