Re: Client/Server in 1 PC

From: Johannes Reitermayer <h8751814_at_obelix.wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: 1995/05/03

crmherndon_at_aol.com (CRMHERNDON) wrote:

>Install SQL*NET you don't need Oracle Names, Oracle Multiprotocal Adaptor
>just the SQL*NET product. You need to contact Oracle to determine what the
>connect string needs to be. I think that I is 2: to connect to a local
>database. You can also set your local= oracle.ini parameter so that you do
>not need to provide a connect string.

>Scott L.
>Scott A. Lurton
>Senior Scientist
>Computer Resource Management, Inc. (Oracle BAP)
>950 Herndown Parkware
>Suite 360
>Herndon, Va 22070
>Voice (703)435-7613
>Fax (703)834-0293

thanks for your reply !

having tried a few things which took me for about three hours i decided to buy a cheap nic (don't forget labor cost) -> and it works !

i contacted oracle (Austria/Vienna) and they told me two things: 1) it's NOT possible...
2) it's possible but they DON'T know how...

thank you once again :-) Received on Wed May 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message