Re: Need to upgrade to 7.1.6???

From: Bruce MacDonald <Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: 1995/05/03

In article <woodwabo.asa.89.01216B77_at_asa.org>, woodwabo.asa_at_asa.org says...

>I just bought Personal Oracle 7.1 and the documentation says that it's version
>7.1.4.1. I've not even installed it, yet, but I see a lot of talk about
>version 7.1.6.... Do I need to get an upgrade? If so, where can I get it and
>why didn't I get this with this new copy of PO7?

Oracle runs on many platforms, but the new releases do not come out on all the platforms at the same time. Typically the mainstream UNIX platforms are first. 7.1.4 is (I think) the latest release available for Windows. Porting a new release can take several months (or longer) depending on priorities known only to Oracle.

Stick with what you have, and upgrade as the new releases come available.

Bruce MacDonald                                Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca
Database Consultant
Cornerstone Computer Associates Inc.
Chairperson, Vancouver Oracle Users Group Received on Wed May 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message