Re: Parallel server performance

From: Kevin Jernigan <kjerniga_at_emergent.com>
Date: 1995/05/02

Wolfgang,

I have extensive experience with the Oracle Parallel Server on multiple platforms, including DEC VAXClusters, Sequoia, Encore, IBM SP/2, and Sequent. I do not have experience with OPS on HP, since it's brand new, so I can't speak to the viability of the HP-based solution. However, I can say with confidence that the Oracle Parallel Server can support much more than 500 inserts per second, if the hardware it's running on is powerful enough, and if the database is tuned properly to spread the inserts across multiple instances of Oracle.

Send me e-mail for more info...

  • Kevin J