Re: 16MB 486SX OK to run PO7?

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 1995/04/30

mike_schuler_at_mindlink.bc.ca (Mike Schuler) writes:

>I hate to load the CDROM only to find out the machine is too small
>Anybody try to run such a combo (with 100 MB HD). Besides, I need
>to get another 8 MB of ram to do this anyway.
>Mike Schuler - software developer
>IBX datasystems limited
>Vancouver - CANADA

I just did a demo running PO7 with the Beta of Forms 4.5. This was running on a GRiD laptop with 12 megs of RAM. It has a 486/25 processor and 200 MB hard disk.

Our database has over 100 tables and over 50 forms. We only loaded a subset of the data to keep the size down. A few dozen records per table gets the point across as well as a few million in our case.

Granted, getting the thing running (e.g. starting up the database and loading forms 4.5) takes about 5 minutes. Once everything is running, performance is acceptable for demonstration purposes.

BTW, we were also running MS Excel and MS Powerpoint at the same time with no trouble.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Sun Apr 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message