Re: Host Command from forms - blows out AIX terminal Emulation

From: E A Macnaghten <ar02_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1995/04/26

tangram_at_apollo.is.co.za (Mike MacMurray) wrote:

> Running Oracle 7.1.on AIX 4.1
> Any call to the HOST command from Forms 3 renders a directly connected
> VT100 or ANSI emulation terminal into CS5 (instead of CS8) stty
> characteristics fills the screen with wierd junk and suspends the
> UNIX job.
> Any one got a workaround!?
> Help
> Thanks

I do not know if this will work on you configuration but it may be worth a go

In the trigger use

	host ('shellscript', no_screen);
	redisplay;

And the shellscript

	STTYFORMS=`stty -g`
	stty sane
	tput clear

	Your command(s)

	stty $STTYFORMS
	exit

I hope this will help, let me know how it goes..

Yours ever

Eddy, mailto://emsystems_at_dial.pipex.com                  Received on Wed Apr 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message