Re: [Q] SQL*NET V1 for Vines on Sco Unix Oracle 7.1.3

From: <drennan_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1995/04/22

> eileen_at_syrinx.umd.edu (Eileen P. Arnold) writes:
> We recently upgraded from 7.0.13 to 7.1.3. The problem we are having (and
> support is still working with us on this) is that the upgraded sqlnet for
> vines (still V1) refuses to link properly. A loopback test on the server
> gives an ORA-06401 - NETCMN: invalid driver designator.
>
> Supposedly, the driver for vines is osnvtt; however, in the /oracle/bin/
> genosntab file, there *is* no driver called osnvtt. They are "looking" for
> a patch.
>
> I asked about going to V2 for vines, and was told that the vines protocol
> adapter doesn't have the bugs out yet; that we should wait on upgrading to
> V2.

I had this same problem with an install from the 7.1.13 CD. It took about five weeks to get the problem resolved, and most of the time, I has to tell Oracle support how to corret things. I have the correct genosntab file around somewhere. I'll send it to you.

In the meantime, check the libvin.a library for the symbol VINES_login. It was missing from our version, and ORacle couldn't figure it out at all. You might want to try calling Banyan, as we did. I found them to be incredibly more responsive.

Jim Drennan
drennan_at_ibm.net Received on Sat Apr 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message