[Q] SQL*NET V1 for Vines on Sco Unix Oracle 7.1.3

From: Eileen P. Arnold <eileen_at_syrinx.umd.edu>
Date: 1995/04/18

We recently upgraded from 7.0.13 to 7.1.3. The problem we are having (and support is still working with us on this) is that the upgraded sqlnet for vines (still V1) refuses to link properly. A loopback test on the server gives an ORA-06401 - NETCMN: invalid driver designator.

Supposedly, the driver for vines is osnvtt; however, in the /oracle/bin/ genosntab file, there *is* no driver called osnvtt. They are "looking" for a patch.

I asked about going to V2 for vines, and was told that the vines protocol adapter doesn't have the bugs out yet; that we should wait on upgrading to V2.

(BTW, I did not *choose* SCO UNIX or Banyan VINES; it's what I'm stuck with).

Does anyone running under VINES and/or SCO have any suggestions? I really don't want to try and back off to 7.0 again; we want to upgrade our tools, and need 7.1.

Thanks!

Eileen P. Arnold
USDA/RUS eileen_at_syrinx.umd.edu Received on Tue Apr 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message