[Q] Can not insert a row to a system account table in PB.

From: ~{VwHN~} Wang <eleeb0p_at_menudo.uh.edu>
Date: 1995/04/08

Hi everyone.
I just start a new job as DBA here.
I met a strange problem yesterday.
We use Oracle 7.0.13 on IBM RISC 6000/590.

The previous DBA created a table in system account, and now one of our PowerBuilder users tried to insert a row into that table, I used the GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on that
table to this user. BUT he still got the insuff. privilege error! The interesting part is he can insert a row to the same table through the SQLPLUS. But the PB did show up the error with the sql statement, nothing but a route insert statement.

Is there any special thing I need to do? What is the difference between the table in SYSTEM account and regular user account?
Is there a work around?

Please, please give me a hint!

Michael

Please send to eleeb0p_at_menudo.uh.edu

Thank you a million times. Received on Sat Apr 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message