Re: # of rows in result via OCI interface

From: <zhntr_at_svusenet.ubs.ch>
Date: 1995/04/07

In article 797216232_at_ballet.dstc.gu.edu.au, lawley_at_ballet.dstc.gu.edu.au (michael lawley) writes:
> Is it possible to determine the number of rows resulting from
> a SELECT stmt executed via osql3/oexec before calling ofetch
> (or the array equivalent - I'd like to be able to grab all results
> in one call).
>
> Email responses prefered.
>
> mike

Try the function pair OEXFET/OFET. OEXFET is getting a fixed number of records. The maximal number of records is defined by a parameter. If the query contains more records than you defined by parameter then the OEXFET is followed by one or several OFET calls.

Dieter.

  Dieter Niggeler
  Union Bank of Switzerland
  FKIT/FKAD-NTR
  Postfach
  8021 Zuerich

  Phone: ++41 (0)1/236 59 49
  Fax : ++41 (0)1/236 65 22

  Internet: dieter.niggeler_at_zhflur.ch.ubs.ch   X.400 : G=Dieter S=Niggeler OU=zhflur O= ch P=ubs A=400net C=ch