Re: CASE Evaluation

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/04/07

In <killingsD65xnw.C1J_at_netcom.com> killings_at_netcom.com (Dan Killingsworth) writes:

>As a CASE newbie, I'd like to ask some advice. The ORACLE app that that
>I'm working on is fairly large and people have determined that it would
>benefit from a CASE tool. Admittedly, I don't have much knowledge upon
>which to base an opinion. What sort of features should be evaluated
>before purchasing a CASE tool? Is ORACLE the only vendor that sells CASE
>tools that can work with ORACLE? I would gratefully welcome any and all
>information...
>
>Dan Killingsworth
>--
>killings_at_netcom.com (Dan Killingsworth)

I usually offer a pretty simple method of choosing Oracle CASE vs some other product.

If you are going to be developing using Oracle Forms, Reports and Menus, then Oracle CASE is the only choice. The productivity from using the generators will more than pay for the investment in software and training.

If all you are interested in is data modelling and generating a database schema, there are lots of choices.

-JJ

  Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle CASE Consulting and Training
 951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119
 Belmont, CA 94002
 Voice: 415-571-7092
 FAX: 800-665-1379
 CompuServe: 76702,456
 Internet: jjacobs_at_well.com
 Internet: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com     Received on Fri Apr 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message