Re: Commit in non-base-table block in Forms 4.0?

From: <ajamoughlir_at_iccgcc.cle.ab.com>
Date: 1995/04/05

> In <Thomas.B.Cox.45.2F81C161_at_tek.com> Thomas.B.Cox_at_tek.com (Thomas B
> Cox) writes:
>

>>The only problem I have is, Forms 4.0 refuses to pass the COMMIT
 command to
>>the DBMS, insisting that the form contains no changes to COMMIT.
>>
>>Any ideas? Do I have to put the COMMIT in my stored procedure? What
 am I
>>overlooking?

I had seen a similar problem with Forms30, i think form does pass the commit command, but since the are no changes in the block, it return the message Form contains no changes to COMMIT, another word if you write on insert triger the would insert somthing to a any database table whether the table is related to the block or not, then press commit,you your form will insert data, and will issue the commit command, but your block did not change. to wrok around this, try setting the SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL=10, that will suppress the "Form contains no changes..", I am not sure what forms40 use for SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL.

Hope this helps :-)
Good lock

Raghid Aajamoughli
AJAMOUGHLIR_at_beast.cle.com.ab                                   Received on Wed Apr 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message