Commit in non-base-table block in Forms 4.0?

From: Thomas B Cox <Thomas.B.Cox_at_tek.com>
Date: 1995/04/04

Okay, this is either trivially easy or subtle, but either way I'm stuck.

I've got a non-base-table block that the user fills out; each item is validated against database values. Then they click on a button, and I call a stored procedure, passing in parameter values from the block items.

For example, they put in an inventory tracking number, press the button, and I call COUNT_INVENTORY ( :my_block.tracking_no ) as a stored procedure call.

But, the stored procedure does not do a COMMIT. I wanted the user to have the option of issueing a COMMIT or not.

The only problem I have is, Forms 4.0 refuses to pass the COMMIT command to the DBMS, insisting that the form contains no changes to COMMIT.

I tried using

     SET_RECORD_PROPERTY ( 1 , 'MY_BLOCK' , STATUS, CHANGED_STATUS ) ; but of course that failed because you can't set a non-base-table block's records to a changed status.

Any ideas? Do I have to put the COMMIT in my stored procedure? What am I overlooking?

Send e-mail and I will post a summary of responses.

 -Tom
thomas.b.cox_at_tek.com

I AM NOT A SPOKESPERSON FOR TEKTRONIX Received on Tue Apr 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message