LONG RAW usage in PRO-C...

From: Chung Ley <chung.ley_at_amd.com>
Date: 1995/04/04

Hi,

We have a client-server application using PRO-C; the client being a PC, and the server being a SUN SPARC 1000.

What we wanted to do is to be abled to store the entire WORD document into the database. I understand that the LONG RAW datatype should allow me to do that, but I haven't deal with LONG RAW before...

Can someone show me some examples or directions on how I should 'read' in the WORD document, 'stored' that in the 'LONG RAW' variable, and inserted that into the database?

Thanks a million... My email address is chung.ley_at_amd.com if you want to email me instead of posting a response. And for those who are interested in getting the responses to this question, please email me, I will try to summarize and return a response before next Friday (Apr. 14th) if there are no much interested, otherwise, I will post the response.

Thanks again...

--cley Received on Tue Apr 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message