Oracle/WOW Gateway

From: S. Veryl Ellis <svellis_at_mail.biosis.org>
Date: 1995/04/04

In the WOW Makefile there are the following variables.

CFLAGS=-g $ (INCLUDE)
LDFLAGS=-Bdynamic

wowstub: wowstub.o oci.o util.o
$(ECHO) $(CC) $LDFLAGS) -o $_at_ wowstub.o util.o oci.o $(ORALIBS) $(CLIBS)

I'm trying to compile this on an Ultrix 4.4 system, not a Sun. The "LDFLAGS" variable has the -Bdynamic which probably works fine on a SUN workstation, but only generates a bunch of errors in Ultrix. When compiling on an Ultrix 4.4 workstation, what should the LDFLAGS variable be?

The "wowstub:" statement has a variable named "CLIBS" which isn't defined anywhere in the Makefile.
There is a "CFLAGS" variable defined. Should the CLIBS be changed to CFLAGS? Also, where are the "ECHO" and "CC" variables defined and what are they?

I need some assistance on this. I'm not a "C" programmer, so I need someone who can tell me what I need for my particular environment.

Veryl

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Salvor Hardin
"Unless of course, you're dealing with a complete idiot" - S. Veryl Ellis