Re: Database(s) per instance ?

From: Vincent A Ventrone <vv_at_mbunix.mitre.org>
Date: 1995/04/03

>Can anyone site any advantages to having more than one database per ORACLE
>instance, other than saving shared memory (SGA) ?

I didn't think an instance could be associated with more than one database (tho' with parallel server multiple instances can access a single database). I wonder if you are not thinking of multiple tablespaces, or multiple Oracle "schemas" (their term for user IDs)? There is no reason not to have multiple tablepaces & schemas per instance, and these may indeed save resources.

--
   Vince Ventrone
   The MITRE Corporation       "...In my opinion, there's nothing