Oracle Transparent Gateway for DB2

From: Daniel J. Ruiz <djruiz_at_amoco.com>
Date: 1995/04/02

We need to be able to extract data from an MVS DB2 database for a Powerbuilder/Oracle application we are writing. We've recently been debating whether it would be better to obtain the data by writing code on the MVS side and doing batch file transfers, or using EDA SQL to get at the data directly. As of yesterday, a new product has entered our debate... Oracle's Transparent Gateway for DB2. It is the first I've heard of the product, so I'm not sure of the details. Was wondering if there was anyone that might have had some experience with the product that would be willing to shed some light. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Dan Ruiz, Computer Applications, Whiting Refinery (MC 134), Amoco Oil Company
Internet Address: djruiz_at_amoco.com, mhs!amoco!daniel_j_ruiz_at_attmail.com