Re: OS/2 Warp & Workgroup 2000?

From: <gary_at_stargate.tardis.com>
Date: 1995/03/30

In <3lals1$gek_at_borg.svpal.org>, pwhui_at_svpal.svpal.org (Paul Wing Hui) writes:
>Steve Macdonald (macdons_at_io.org) wrote:
>: Has anyone been successful in running Personal Oracle 7
>: under OS/2 Warp (in a Windows session, of course). I would
>: really like to use Warp for development but after finding
>: out that PO7 would not run under Windows '95 I've decided
>: to look before I leap this time.
>
>PO7 does not run under OS/2 either. PO7 needs WIN32S. I thought that PO7
>is Windows 95 ready? Could someone expand on this. Thanks

I haven't tried PO7 on WinOS2 yet, but WinOS2 DOES support Win32s. Unfortunately, not the 'latest & greatest' versions of Win32s from Microsoft (I think OS/2 currently supports 1.15... rt release notes).

Win32 is still something of a moving target at present so if Win32 is important to you right now, and I speak as an OS/2 fan, you should probably run NT. There are signs that Win32 is stabilising as MS try to converge the APIs for NT, Win9* and Win32s. Once that happens, I'd expect OS/2 to catch up fast.

gary Received on Thu Mar 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message