Re: ERROR #9 ORA-03121

From: <cwheeler_at_isc901.jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1995/03/30

> ab765_at_cfn.cs.dal.ca (wendell kirby) writes:
> Hi Everybody.
>
> I am currently working on a Window NT 3.5 server user WFW 3.11 as the
> interface. I upgraded a workstation requiring a dual boot so that it
> could run an Oracle database in a Database Manager called Impromptu from
> Cognos. This database required WFW 3.11 to run under STANDARD MODE. I
> succeeded in emulating STANDARD MODE by useing the WIN /D:T command.
> However, when I tried to access the database I get the following error;
>
> ORA-03121: No Interface driver connected. Function not performed
> Error #9
>
> Any suggestions???

We got the same error when attempting to configure Windows clients to talk to our Oracle Server. The 3rd party software that was trying to talk to Oracle could not find the SQL*Net stuff, and the result was the 3121 error. I appended to the path (in the autoexec.bat) the ORAWIN\BIN directory, and it worked fine. Hope this helps...

cheers,

Charles Wheeler
SAIC
cwheeler_at_isc901.jsc.nasa.gov Received on Thu Mar 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message