Re: [Q] Oracle on NT

From: ToddM73670 <toddm73670_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/03/29

We have used ORACLE v7.0.x on NT running on an Intel Pentium and it definitely runs better than ORACLE v7.0.x on Novell on a similar Pentium Box. Our tests showed about 50% in performance over a suite of queries, sorts, etc. However, our research also revealed that although NT is available for DEC Alpha, ORACLE has not ported ANYTHING to NT for Alpha. Furthermore, their Tech Support assures me no one at ORACLE has any plans to provide this port any time in the next year. What is going on here? Any Ideas? Received on Wed Mar 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message