Re: [Q] Oracle scheduler???

From: Paul Singer <singerap_at_powergrid.electriciti.com>
Date: 17 Mar 1995 02:57:11 GMT

Orace has no builtin mechinism to fire off a task at a given time. At least none I have been able to find.

You will need to rely on a batch scheduler.

As has already been pointed out there is a scheduler built into Unix.

There are also many comercial packages availabe on the market.

One package SQLOperator claims to work in many envirnments. I have not evaluated it beond examining its literatuer. So, pleas do not take this as an endorsment or a critique of the product.

Good Hunting! Received on Fri Mar 17 1995 - 03:57:11 CET

Original text of this message