Re: Oracle 7.1.4 + Sparc 1000 + Solaris 2.4

From: David Scott <dscott_at_is.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 20:48:43 -0500

In article <D5wtwB.BJu_at_atsi.com>, kim_at_atsi.com (Kim Kelln) wrote:

> Does anyone have experience running Oracle 7.1.4 on a Sparc
> 1000 under Solaris 2.4? We are having major performance problems.
> Everyone is pointing fingers and nothing is being resolved.

Whoa - we need to talk! We are running the exact same combination, and it really SCREAMS performance. We have a 1000E with 1Gig of RAM, 20G of stripe/mirrored HD. Write me at dscott_at_prubank.com (my work address) and let me know WHAT kind of problems you are having. Be patient - our SE and a consultant helped us get moving; there are a number of things you've got to do to get performance up. Good luck - David

David Scott
...how can I keep from singing?
email: dscott_at_is.net