Re: Dev/Des 2000 and Motif

From: Vince Cross <bartok_at_bnr.ca>
Date: 23 Mar 1995 19:33:19 -0600

In article <dbmooreD5wFAs.Bw2_at_netcom.com>, Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_netcom.com> wrote:

>Designer/2000 is the CASE tool suite. It will NOT be ported to anything but
>Windows 3.1, WinNT, Win95/96/Ever.

I sure as hell wish I knew that before I bought the CDE Case package for HP/UX (Motif) last month. I've been told by some insiders at Oracle that the new CASE tools will be ported to other platforms after the Microsoft Class Libaries are available on those platforms and that there is already work being done in this area. So who's right? Switching to the Windows version is not an option for me. Am I stuck with a very expensive dead-end product?

Vince

--
* disclaimer - My views respresent NT/BNR in every way, NOT!
* Please direct non-business email to VLCross_at_aol.com  (No, I'm not an idiot