Re: Dev/Des 2000 and Motif

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 15:06:28 GMT

In article <3knehq$kp_at_nuclear.microserve.net> bennettj_at_news-server (Joseph Bennett) writes:

>My understanding of CDE2 and Motif is that the 'development' tools would
>be available (soon). Just this week, I read two articles that seem to
>contradict each other. In Information Week (I believe) an Oracle exec
>said that Developer/2000 and Designer/2000 would be available on Motif,
>while PC/Week says that Oracle is only 'considering' porting Designer/2000
>to Motif. I realize that Developer/2000 will be ported, but we have
>heard MANY conflicting stories regarding CASE/CDE-CASE/Developer/2000 or
>whatever it is called. Come on Oracle WHAT IS THE STORY??? Just state
>your position CLEARLY - is Oracle going to port the CASE tools to Motif
>(Unix and VMS) for the NEW versions (not just 5.1)?????
>
>--
>
> +------------+
> /| +--------+ |
> //| | //| | Joseph P. Bennett
> //|| |_____///| | Systems Consultant
> //_|| |_____// | | bennettj_at_ugly.microserve.net
> ||_|| |____ ||_| |
> || /+-----| ||---+ "There are a lot of dumb people with powerful tools."
> ||// _____| ||/ / Jonah Seiger, 1994

Designer/2000 is the CASE tool suite. It will NOT be ported to anything but Windows 3.1, WinNT, Win95/96/Ever.

Developer/2000 is the 4GL tool suite. It will be ported to Mac, Motif, and WinNT/Win95, most this summer. Character mode deployment will also be ported. We will support Unix and OpenVMS Motif/character mode. We expect many of these ports to be shipping this summer.

--
-- Dennis Moore, Oracle Corp.
dbmoore_at_oracle.com