Re: Oracle7 on Novell 3.12 accessed by Powerbuilder 4.0 - Please help!!

From: Charles G. Williams <ab831_at_detroit.freenet.org>
Date: 22 Mar 1995 20:10:32 GMT

I recommend more RAM. I'm running O7.1 on a Netware 3.11 box: 486-66Mhz, with 32MB of RAM and still have trouble mounting larger databases. Large can be quantified by checking Oracle's example build file. By the way, make sure your block size is set correctly, else you'll have to totally re-create the datafiles. The Netware examples use a 2048 byte block size...

Good Luck! Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Chuck

In a previous article, ggilchr_at_worldweb.com (GAG) says:

--
John Galt, Dagny Taggart, Howard Roark. . . where have you gone?

Chuck Williams ---> ab831_at_detroit.freenet.org