Re: [Q:] Why can't save form?

From: Brian Graham <GrahamB_at_psac.com>
Date: 21 Mar 1995 19:17:18 GMT

In article <pconnors.795760842_at_BIX.com>, pconnors_at_BIX.com (pconnors on BIX) says:

>st568_at_elroy.uh.edu (Xu, Jun) writes:
>
>>Hi,
>> I have a newbie question.
>> I created some form in SQL*FORM. I was able to save using the SAVE in
>>ACTION. Later, I used screen paiter to change the screen display. But I
>>cannot save the form anymore and always got the error:

>>ORA-01547: failed to allocate extent of size 5394 in tablespace 'SYSTEM'

>> I looked up the error description and still cannot figured out what
>>to do.
>> Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

>>Jun Xu
>Go talk to your database administrator. Your "System" tablespace
>might be out of space.
>
> -Pat Connors

  Point to note: The SAVE option in the action menu saves the form to the database. This is not required, of course, since if you simply GENERATE the form, a file is created which can be then LOADed later.   SAVEing your forms will be hard on the database and can result in full tablespaces as indicated above. (Perhaps your default tablespace should be changed as well..)

--
Brian Graham                    .
Programmer / DBA        ._______|_______. Tel: 613-560-5470