Re: How to "remove" PL/SQL in Personal Oracle because of 8 MB

From: Marcel Rietveld <deriet_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 18:58:50 +0100

Keith Boulton <100114.3573_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:

Dear Keith, thanks for your reaction.

>even if it installed incorrectly, you should be able to select
>the Windows 7.1 no PL/SQL options in the database manager
>application Configure option.

hmmm. where can I find the Windows 7.1 no PL/SQL options ? If I look at the options the database manager provides I only see options for buffer and pool size. I am afraid to change the advanced options ;)

>Are you really running out of memory, or is it shortage of
>windows resources causing the out of memory error?

>I have been running PowerBuilder designer together with Personal
>Oracle 7 with PL/SQL in 12MB of RAM without problems, although it
>runs slowly. I am using Windows for workgroups and reduced the
>disk cache size to 1 MB.

Ok, I tried to reduce the 32 bit cache size, remove smartdrive and enlarge the swapfile. Guess what, IT WORKS !! :D

Thanks again for your reaction.

Marcel Rietveld (deriet_at_xs4all.nl) Received on Tue Mar 21 1995 - 18:58:50 CET

Original text of this message