Re: Oracle Book and Cd-Rom

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 19 Mar 1995 15:33:08 GMT

William Kurtz <william.kurtz_at_daytonoh.attgis.com> writes:

>We are looking at using Oracle Book v 2.0.?? and I was wondering if anybody out
>there has successfully put Oracle Book files on a CD-ROM? I am aware that you
>can put these on the PC or even the database, but some associates are of the
>opinion that showing the customer that we have CD-ROM is a marketing thing and
>necessary.

Oracle has released their documentation in CD-ROM format, and 'metal' support customers get the support notes CD. These use an older Oracle Book runtime, but at least demonstrate that it _is_ possible.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)