new developer question

From: DougF1 <dougf1_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Mar 1995 00:22:24 -0500

here's a question for the pros:

i'm relatively new to developing (or using) oracle, and started with my company a year ago. Many of our good oracle people have left, leaving good openings for me, but they left because we are still on a melange of v6, and they don't want to get caught with old skills in a new market.

I don't want to work myself into that situation either, but I feel I can learn a great deal where I am- - such as Unix/C/Oracle, OS2/Oracle, C/C++ for OS2 (CSet++), etcetera.

The dilemma is that, since I have joined various user groups, I have had lots of exploratory offers, some quoting real figures.

The question is: should I stay and learn more while making less money for the immediate future (1-2 years), or should I go and get another junior-type job for more money?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated Received on Sat Mar 11 1995 - 06:22:24 CET

Original text of this message