Re: new developer question

From: Mnjal <mnjal_at_aol.com>
Date: 22 Mar 1995 00:36:31 -0500

Doug, I can sympathize with your situation...more and more people find themselves smack dab where you are. As a recruiter, I can recommend two courses of action...

  1. Stay where you are. No employer likes a job hopper. Your skills will improve whether you are using old or new technology. Take the opportunity to pick up the slack and really make yourself indispensible...you will be rewarded! After you have another year's worth of experience or so, check out the market.
  2. Stay where you are. The grass is always greener, and you're a little green yourself. EVERYONE wants to be a consultant or some darn thing because of the big $$$, but those kinds of opportunities can eat you alive if you haven't got the solid background to support you. I'm sure you'll find others to support this theory.

Either way, feel free to send me a resume and we can keep in touch as you grow. I'd be happy to talk to you about your next move when you're REALLY ready to make it! Take care!

Jane Larson, CPC
Hayden & Associates, Minneapolis, MN
fax 612/941-9602 Received on Wed Mar 22 1995 - 06:36:31 CET

Original text of this message