Re: set_field packaged procedure

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 9 Mar 1995 05:41:19 GMT

tony_at_bilpin.co.uk (Tony Desborough) writes:

> set_field(:b1.field2,ENTERABLE,ATTR_ON);

Try using
  set_field('b1.field2',ENTERABLE,ATTR_ON);

However, I've pretty much given up on using this in Forms 3, there are too many 'gotchas' involved, such as when the change takes effect, knowing where and when to set and unset attributes, etc. About all I use these days is 'display_field' stuff to highlight fields. I usually use 'on-new-field-instance' triggers to control which fields the operator can enter and when. (I'm hoping Forms 4/4.5 will have better field control mechanisms, when I finally have time to install/test it.)

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)