Re: Multiple SQL/Net TCP/IP

From: Frank Newman I10752 <fnewman_at_bdmserver.bdm.com>
Date: 6 Mar 1995 13:42:30 GMT

Gary Nilges (gnilges_at_tyrell.net) wrote:
: A>We are running Oracle SQL*Net V2 and SQL*Net TCP/IP for Windows, with
: A>Powerbuilder, ERWin and MS Access clients.
: A>
: A>Our problem is is that a workstation can only ever have one datatase
: A>connection open at a time. Opening a second connection from Powerbuilder
: A>gives an error "ORA-06107: NETTCP: ORACLE network server not found".
: A>Opening a second connection from an ODBC client such as MS Access gives
: A>an error "ODBC - connection to '<databasename>' failed"
: A>
: A>It matters not whether the second connection is from the same class of
: A>client, or to the same server database. It just seems that you can only
: A>have one client connection to an Oracle server from the PC.
: A>
: A>Is this a problen with SQL*Net TCP/IP for Windows, or is something
: A>configured wrong here?
: A>

We regularly run multiple SQL*Net connections from our Windows PCs. We are running SQL*Net V1, but I am wondering if something else is wrong. Is your TCP/IP software configured to support more than one connection? Received on Mon Mar 06 1995 - 14:42:30 CET

Original text of this message