Re: Does Personal Oracle include SQLFORMS & Reportwriter tools?

From: Stephen Newhouse <aj583_at_lafn.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 19:21:25 GMT

In a previous article, tpagnoni_at_ix.netcom.com (Tony Pagnoni) says:

>I have just been to the Oracle homepage about the Personal Oracle
>product. The page mentions it includes SQLPLUS for Windows and SQLLOAD
>but does not mention SQLFORMS or Reportwriter. Does it include these
>components, and if so what version of Forms.

I've been in touch with Oracle salespeople on this one. They tell me that this Personal oracle 7 is available in a bundle with Forms 4.5, Reports 2.0 for 1199. You get the DOS Oracle 6.0 or OS2 or NT database with the option to upgrade it immediately to PO7 for windows. Of course, you'll have to buy support for more money to get all the upgrades. The WWW Personal Oracle 7 is just the database. The CD version (I don't know about the download) of this includes Oracle Objects for OLE, plus NT and NOVELL network software (I haven't looked at this but I think it is the SQLNET drivers for those platforms). Power Objects is due out later. Received on Mon Mar 06 1995 - 20:21:25 CET

Original text of this message