Re: Personal Oracle7 info needed

From: Timothy Wong <roadgoat_at_crl.com>
Date: 3 Mar 1995 20:59:30 -0800

Tony Pagnoni (tpagnoni_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: It would seem a Personal Database would need some tool for data entry,
: editing and retrieval. I do not understand why Oracle would make what
: seems like wonderful database management tools available with Personal
: Oracle, but no data record management tools. I cant believe that I would
: need to code inserts and updates in SQLPUS to manipulate data. What am I
: missing?. Can you buy FORMS4 to access ORACLE7 database?.

Personal Oracle is a development tool!!! You create an app with your front end of choice and hook it to Personal Oracle in your development world. Then you hook your final app to a server based version of oracle when you are done. You can also demo your proto types to your client on a laptop with Personal Oracle. If you are running a single user app and want data management and a GUI front end - get something like Paradox. But you can't download that from a Web site . . .

--
Tim Wong
roadgoat_at_crl.com