Re: Anyone using Oracle 7 Objects for OLE?

From: <schapman_at_schapman.pdial.interpath.net>
Date: 4 Mar 1995 02:28:55 GMT

> We are about to start a development project using Oracle 7 and VB.
> I've read the Oracle literature on Objects for OLE and it looks good.
>
> Is anyone out there using this. How does it REALLY work???
>
> Also, are there any other tools out there for VB that I should look into?

We are using it, and it is very fast. We are using Oracle sequences and getting values in/out of VB, calling stored procedures from VB, passing parameters back and forth, etc. One of my coworkers took the VB/SQL example VB code provided by Oracle, added MDI, Truegrid functionality, saving/retrieving scripts to files, turning a SELECT statement into VB code that you can directly cut and paste into your VB form:

sql$ = "Select col1, col2, col3"
sql$ = sql$ & "From EMP Where stuff..."

and on, and on. We have whipped it up into an app that we all use every day to get table/col names, precisions, etc. while coding the VB forms. It saves a lot of development time and headaches.

For a fee for his troubles, I am sure that my coworker would be happy to send you a copy of the source for VB/SQL.

Steve Chapman
schapman_at_schapman.pdial.interpath.net Received on Sat Mar 04 1995 - 03:28:55 CET

Original text of this message