Re: Error installing Oracle 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.4

From: Zhou Jian <zhou_at_igd.fhg.de>
Date: 3 Mar 95 09:00:00 GMT

sminkeyk_at_interramp.com (Mark Sminkey) writes:

>During installation of our Oracle 7 database on a SPARC 1000 running
>Solaris 2.4, I encountered the following error during the default database
>creation:

>ORA-07331: smsnsg: unable to allocate the variable portion of the SGA.

>The oerr utility indicates that the resolution of this problem is to
>reconfigure the UNIX kernel to have bigger segments.

Insert following lines into /etc/system and reboot the system:

        set npts=4096
        set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=200
        set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
        set semsys:seminfo_semmns=500
        set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
        set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
        set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100

Jian Zhou
zhou_at_igd.fhg.de Received on Fri Mar 03 1995 - 10:00:00 CET

Original text of this message