Re: www kit-wow gateway

From: Magnus Lonnroth <mloennro_at_se.oracle.com>
Date: 03 Mar 1995 17:35:25 GMT

In article <D4q67I.GzD_at_murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> tvd2t_at_boone.neuro.virginia.edu (Toral Desai) writes:

> In article <3it755$fm_at_news.acns.nwu.edu>,
> Lorraine Padour <lpadour_at_anima.nums.nwu.edu> wrote:
> >Has anyone gotten the wow gateway to run under HPUX 9.0?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >--
> >Lorraine Padour
> >Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. USA
> >lpadour_at_nwu.edu
> >
> I tried to set up the wow gateway under HPUX9.0, it seems that it requires
> OSI Transport services 9000. This libraries are not available on our machines.
> So I could not get it running.
> I am also interested in setting up other gateways such as decoux and oraywww.
> I would appericiate, if anyone provide guidence or point to some sort of
> technical help line.
> Thanks,
> Toral Desai

I built it on HP-UX 9.05 with the standard pre-installed OS and the bundled C compiler using the same Makefile as for SunOS. I only needed to change:

CC=cc
CFLAGS= $(INCLUDE) -D"signed= "

because it didn't like the word "signed" in typedefs. Note that this was with the Oracle 7.1.4 distribution. It also built fine without this kludge using gcc 2.6.2.

Also, SQL*Net or any underlying networking API is not needed to run locally - just remove the TWO_TASK and TNS_ADMIN variables from the wow startup script.

thanks,

--

Magnus Lonnroth			E-mail: mloennro_at_se.oracle.com
Product Manager	Europe		Visit : Molndalsvagen 91, Goteborg, Sweden