Help with complex integrity constraints...

From: David Hascher <dhascher_at_mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil>
Date: 2 Mar 1995 21:06:59 GMT

I am wondering what the best way to handle data consistency checking is with Oracle. I am trying to use Sqlloader to load multiple tables with many fields. Basically, I want to make sure that each record is unique and loaded only once, with rejected records being logged. However, I cannot use the constraint clauses (ie: primary/unique key) in the table definitions because there are (many) more than 16 column definitions for each record. I am not quite sure how to implement an appropriate 'trigger' and if I do, how this will hinder the performance of a large scale data load. Would a stored procedure or 'package' be a wiser choice? I am new to Oracle, and ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!

	Thanks,
	Sharon Politis
	spolitis_at_contact.mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil