Tablespace on CD-Rom?

From: LMcG <lmcg_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 Mar 1995 13:57:35 -0500

Hi,
We have a large data warehouse approx 12G that users want to be kept online, but we are very short of diskspace. A consultant mentioned creating a tablespace on CD-ROM that Oracle thinks is just on another drive, and put the older information on CD. We are running 7.0.16 (soon upgrading to 7.1.40, on an IBM RS6000 running AIX. Has anyone else done this? Any information on setting this up would be greatly apprectiated.

Lisa McGrath
lmcgrath_at_ccmail.uwsa.edu
Lisa McGrath lmcgrath_at_ccmail.uwsa.edu Programmer/Analyst & DBA
University of Wisconsin System
** All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and unlimited power. ** Received on Wed Mar 01 1995 - 19:57:35 CET

Original text of this message