Re: Tablespace on CD-Rom?

From: Henry O' Keeffe <Henry_okeeffe_at_inmarsat.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 15:17:26 GMT

In article <3j2g2v$d0h_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> lmcg_at_aol.com (LMcG) writes:
>From: lmcg_at_aol.com (LMcG)
>Subject: Tablespace on CD-Rom?
>Date: 1 Mar 1995 13:57:35 -0500

>Hi,
>We have a large data warehouse approx 12G that users want to be kept
>online, but we are very short of diskspace. A consultant mentioned
>creating a tablespace on CD-ROM that Oracle thinks is just on another
>drive, and put the older information on CD. We are running 7.0.16 (soon
>upgrading to 7.1.40, on an IBM RS6000 running AIX. Has anyone else done
>this? Any information on setting this up would be greatly apprectiated.

I'd be surprised if you could do this, as Oracle writes a sequence number to each datafile at intervals. If it can't do this, it get veeeeery upset.

Regards,
Henry.
Henry_Okeeffe_at_Inmarsat.Org

All opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of my employer. Received on Tue Mar 07 1995 - 16:17:26 CET

Original text of this message